Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Blogging

Watch this video: My hat is off to David Lee King for putting this out there Blogging Song

Listen to this podcast: Blogging

Blogging is a verb, or an action word, so we aren’t going to spend too much time reading about something we can do. Here are a few articles worth reading:

I know that you all get the idea of blogging, but here is a review , just in case….. Blogs Explained

Did you know that blogging just celebrated it’s 10th birthday??? BBC-Blogging Racks Up a Decade 10 (Ok, I know it didn't "just" happen...when I wrote this a belatgd birthday card still would have worked! Time flys, I am telling you....)

Old school technology gets updated and finds a whole new audience: WWI Blog

Ok, let’s stop reading about blogs and start blogging! In this week’s activities, you are going to create a blog post to register yourself for this course. The always optional Adventurer activity investigates some library related blogs. New Bees this will probably be your biggest challenge – don’t be afraid to reach out for help!


New Bees: If you did not set up a blog in Learn 2.0, you will need to go back to the and see how we started blogging. How to set up your blog Scroll down to the eXplorer exercise and follow along with the Three Easy Steps. You can ignore the blog registration part in the Learn 2.0 course; you will register it in the Explorer activity below and then move forward.



Exlporer: Find your blog. Create a post re-introducing yourself. Tell us what you are looking for or what you expect to get from this experience. Email your blog URL to me. You are now registered for the course! simpson.thomas@ocls.info



Adventurer : So you Adventurers are a brave group, right? Right??? Well you are going to need every ounce of bravery for this activity:
Another Blog Song

Check out DLK’s website: David Lee King's Blog
And the Shifted Librarians blog: The Shifted Librarian Blog
And the Librarian in Black: The Librarian in Black Blog

Create an RSS link to any of these that interest you, or suggest one that you like.

10 comments:

OCLS Homework said...

Ok, so I tried to email Tom and it bounced back to me.

Shadows of Illusion said...

Yup. Same here. Probably one of those kinks in the system that hasn't been worked out yet.

dewey said...

Try emailing Tom at simpson.thomas@ocls.info

travelgirl1974 said...

The blogging song sure had many sites I have never heard of. I hope we will get a list of these sites in further lessons.

OCLS Learn 2.0 said...

I apalogize for the link problems -most probably ghosts in the machine. IS is aware and as soon as they get done dealing with their very big fishes, I am sure they will get to this small fry. Thanks for Libriangrl for posting my email address.

A list of websites to visit...getting the list might be painful but I might be able to pull some nuggets from the song and add them to the list.

Tom

Niza said...

WOW GOOD INFO OUT THERE

Me said...

Hi everyone. Glad to be back with Learn 2.1. Love the blogging song. So Tom, you don't want to listen to the song 50 times to compile a list of the resources mentioned in it?

shrimpgirl said...

i also tried to e-mail Tom and it bounced back.

LoveCats said...

Rachel in HR here. I am a little behind on Learning 2.1 but I am determined to get through all the lessons. I am just trying to keep up with the ever changing world wide web. I may not use everything I learn about, but I always want to keep informed of all the latest developments.

NZ2008 said...

blogs are great. My husband and I did one with travellerspoint when we travelled and it really helped friends and family keep up with us and also calmed their nerves because they could see frequently that we were ok.